By Annette Rey
How about not having a writing lesson today? Just sit back and enjoy a few light thoughts.
- A man walks into a bookstore. “Where’s the self-help section?” he asks the clerk. She shrugs and replies, “If I tell you, won’t that defeat the purpose?” —Anonymous
- As Eric Idle once wisely said, “Levity is the opposite of gravity.”
- Cats meow to tell you how to scratch their backs – ignore them and they pay you back by scratching up your couch. Annette Rey
- Have you ever held a cat on your lap when someone turned on a vacuum? Not for long, you say? Annette Rey
- Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers, … Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If you like law and sausages, you should never watch either one being made. Otto von Bismarck (unverified)
And one thought provoking, writing-related quote –
- A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged, it is the skin of a living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the circumstances and the time in which it is used. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
Ahhh! That was a nice rest.